Many entrepreneurs struggle to decide if they should stay with a “safe” job in Corporate America or live their dream and go out on their own. Shawn Williams did just that and shares his journey of leaving corporate safety, starting his own company, surviving the US economic collapse, selling his business, and starting it all over in a brand new industry. This is a really fun episode! Listen to how Shawn goes through the years loving what he does with the support of his family.
In this episode we discuss:
- Making the leap from traditional corporate America to owning a business
- Franchise business models and performing due diligence in selecting a business
- Surviving an economic collapse
- What to do when new competitors come into your market
- Surrounding yourself with a high quality team
Be sure to visit one of Shawn’s Cold Stone stores at Village Point, Midtown Crossing, 120th and Blondo or La Vista near Cabela’s. Visit their website here: http://www.coldstonecreamery.com/