Can you classify your worker as a 1099 contractor? Or are they a W2 employee? This is a common question and many business owners are unsure of the answer. Not knowing the difference can be a costly mistake. In this episode we will discuss the differences so you can keep your business compliant with labor laws. Topics include:
- Who decides how the work is completed?
- Who decides when the work is performed?
- Who provides the tools and equipment?
- What is the $600 rule for 1099 contractors?
- Download the W2 Employee Vs. 1099 Contractor Worksheet
- Thank you to our sponsor Ideal Payroll Service
- IRS Form SS8 – Determine the exact answer using this document and consulting your attorney
Want to hear more episodes? Click here to subscribe and get future episodes sent to your inbox!